A League of Your Own
Get ready for a new, laid-back and exciting way for kids to play Baseball with friends!
Join us in our pilot season as we build a new app and a new way for kids to play sports with their friends! We're starting with a fun new version of Baseball called Softpitch. See how it's different (and more fun) below. Create a league of your own with a group of your kids and their friends and have them casually compete with other kids in neighborhoods closeby.
Looking to join a team? Search and request to join one nearby on our app.
How To Join
Our Games Are Different
Play baseball and softball safely on a smaller field with fewer kids and equipment but TWICE as
much fun and chances to play!
1. 4 vs 4 games using red/orange tennis ball (small field) green/yellow tennis ball (large
field) play 4 innings using mitts and any type bat
2. Batting: Each player bats once EVERY inning (coach pitch) in any order
3. Fielding: 2 infielders and 2 outfielders (“pitcher’s hands” to get out), infielder can call
1. 4 v 4 (parent pitch) (can be 3 v 3 or even 2 v 2). TRY TO ARRANGE SO EVERY KID PLAYS!
2. Use a ‘GREEN DOT’ or yellow tennis ball (large field) or RED or ORANGE tennis ball (small
field). (make a baseball diamond as small or as big as your field allows)
3. Time frame 45 minutes (OR 4 innings)
4. Inning: Every kid gets to bat once (coach pitches to own kids and gets 3 strikes (or use a
“T” if you want) and see how many runs you can score (you can change lineup EVERY
5. Pitcher’s out (throw to the coach) to get “out” at first or infielder gets ball and calls
“time” with hands up
6. No stealing bases
Green or orange low compression tennis balls
Metal bat (large field) or whiffle ball bat (if small field)
Gloves/mitts (on your own)
Bootie up (target throwing)
Home run derby
TOUCHDOWN! (Flag Football)
Play flag football on a smaller field safely with fewer kids and equipment but TWICE as much
fun and chances to play!
1. 4 v 4 Small field (4 downs to score touchdown), large field (1 st down at 50 yard line): 20
2. Offense: (kid OR parent can be QB). Every player can catch, run, or throw
3. Defense: May rush (count to 3 “Mississippi”). Get flag or 2-hand touch
4. 4 v 4 (can be 3 v 3 or even 2 v 2), parent/coach can be all time QB (for each team) or NO
parent. TRY TO ARRANGE SO EVERY KID PLAYS (MAXIMUM 6 IS USUALLY BEST) but 4 on
the field at a time
5. Small field (4 downs to score touchdown). Large field (1 st down at 50 yard line) and then
6. Positions: Center hikes to QB. Can have wide receivers and/or running backs
7. No special teams (no kickoffs, field goals or extra points etc.)
8. Each touchdown is worth 7 points.
9. Play “2” 20 min halves and/or first to 7 touchdowns
Play soccer on a smaller field safely with fewer kids and equipment but TWICE as much fun and
chances to play!
1. 4 v 4 Small field (Use size 3 ball (or soft kickball), large field (size 3-5 ball) 20 min
2. NO GOALIE! NO HANDS! Every goal has to have at least 1 pass.
3. 1 point goals and 2 point goals (if 1/2 distance of the field) Penalty kicks for each
player at halftime count for total score
4. 4 v 4 (can be 3 v 3 or even 2 v 2) Parent/coach can coach but not play. Use size 3 ball (or
5. NO GOALIE! (can have a player near the goal but can’t use hands) but every goal has to
have at least 1 pass
6. Play “2” 20 min halves with penalty kick for each kid at half to “add to the score”
7. 1 point goals and 2 point goals (if ¼ distance of the field or farther)
8. “defense” kick instead of goalie kick (crosses goalline) and throw in if crosses sideline
Soccer ball (s)
Jerseys if available (for teams) or colors